Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Great Homemade Pizza all starts with Perfect Crust


I truly love homemade pizza. I love how you can put as much or as little as you want of sauce, topping and cheese.
I love lots of cheese...
This is my favorite go-to pizza dough recipe. I do loving making my dough from scratch but I often didn't due to time constraints before I found this wonderful recipe for bread machine pizza dough.

Perfectly Wonderful Pizza Dough
1 2/3 cup warm water
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp honey
4 cups whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp yeast
Place ingredients in bread machine in order listed. Program your machine for the dough cycle.
-- When you pull out your dough, check its consistency, you may want to kneed in a bit more flour.
This recipe makes 3 small and 1 medium pizza at our house, which means each kiddo gets their own pizza and the Mr. and I get one for the two of us.
If you like a thin crust- you'll get more pizza than even we do!

Of Note: If you have a time delay feature on your machine- you can use it as this recipe doesn't contain anything that will spoil such as milk or eggs. My dough cycle runs 1 hour 20 minutes. I love to put it all together mid-morning and set the time delay- it makes me feel like supper is half done already!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover