Monday, July 25, 2011

Freezer food, fairies, family, fruit, friendship, FRESH JOY

Multitude Monday at Ann’s today….
Sharing our Endless Gratitude…. And this is mine…
God is so good all the time… I just can’t capture all that goodness that He hides in just a single day… but I can capture small pieces and those serve to remind me…

1024-1050
Lord Thank You for these gifts….
Green beans fresh from the garden
Now blanched and frozen and tucked away in the freezer
Sweet couple in our church family—inviting us to pick their raspberry patch clean today
Making those pies just me and Sassafras and her giddiness
Her continued giddiness as she waited for Daddy to come and see her surprise
Her smile at his big Whoop! of joy
Such simple pleasures
Cooler weather if only for a day or two… I’ll treasure it
Jobs done and done well
How God continues to show me that this year is chock  FULL of FRESH JOY
Those little joy moments… how they steal my breath and grab my heart
I have three happy, healthy content children…. That right there… when you think about it in the context of others suffering… is BIG gratitude for BIG blessings
And the big blessing beyond my ken of my dear sweet husband
Oodles of summer squash and zucchini stacked in a wooden bin next to my fridge… gifts from friends
Two new squash recipes to try
Sharing some of our garden produce with a friend
Mr. Steady contemplating a new pickle recipe
The friendship bracelets Mr. Conductor is sporting as necklaces
The girls hidden fairy garden and their joy in creating it
My kiddos making homemade birthday cards
Old family TV shows and classic movies via Netflix
Rocks in my pocket
The farm dreams continue… notes are being made
Singing praise songs with my children as we pick berries together… then being quiet and just listening to them sing…. Oh the bliss.
We sang How Great Thou Art…. And I think: Indeed, Lord… How truly great You are beyond all my imagining…. Thank you, thank you, thank you

3 comments:

  1. i like your "big gratitude for big blessings."
    blessings on you and yours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I can capture small pieces and those serve to remind me"- I love that. And you have captured so many small pieces this week. Thanks for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, Very interesting raspberry cream pie recipe. We had a lot of raspberries this year, and I froze lots of them. Do you think this could be made with thawed raspberries?
    I make raspberry crisp, and I have found if I unthaw the raspberries first it turns out the same as fresh berries.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover