Thursday, June 23, 2011

Keepin' On-- Keepin' it Real

This is my house right now...
In fact- this is my house All. This. Whole. Week. Long.
This is my "why" for how come there haven't been many blog posts...
And my effort to keep it real continues... However- if this was how my house looked every week, I'd go insane. Really. I can't stand clutter.
Um, Mr. Steady just "harrumphed"... So in continuing to keep it real- I can't stand clutter anywhere but on my desk. Which is pretty awful.

This is the dining room...


The dining room table... that's Mr. Conductor's kepi hat... we went to an awesome Civil War Era concert the other nite and he just had to wear it... and then leave it on the table... along with his nifty new clock from Nana. If those were the only things on the table-- that would look pretty cool.


This is my kitchen
Ugh.
But I've got really pretty flowers in a blue Ball jar on the table... look at that instead.


This is my porch swing. Which I am obviously not using for swinging on...



So, just so ya' know-- I'll be "scarce as hen's teeth" for the next few days...
At least.

3 comments:

  1. Amy, It looks like you are working on a home project!
    I have a new good recipe for you in keeping with the "breakfast for dinner" inexpensive meal theme. The original recipe was "hash brown quiche by Paula Deen on Foodnetwork".
    Toss 1 20-oz bag of Aldi hash brown potatoes (in refrigerator section) with 4 T oil and 1/2 tsp salt. Press in bottom and up sides of 10-inch cast iron skillet. Bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes.
    Mix together: 3 large eggs, beaten, 1 c. half-and-half, 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese, and add 1/2 c chopped cooked ham. Pour into baked hash brown crust, bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
    Of course you can substitute something for the ham, other cheese, you get the picture. It was very good and inexpensive.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Typo I used 1 and 1/2 c. chopped ham.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne- Thanks for sharing the recipe- it looks yummy. gonna put that in my "new-to try" recipe folder-- looks like a keeper!
    And the house was a mess because we were packing for a 4 day camping trip- complete with tents and cooking over an open fire!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover