Friday, June 3, 2011

Homeschool Mother's Journal- Summer Edition





In my life this week….
Whoa… It has been quite the week. Mr. Conductor and Sassafras finished their schooling last week and Ms. Books is wrapping up her last couple of subjects… I now have a high schooler, a middle schooler and a second grader. The announcement alone makes me feel old.
My favorite thing this week was…
That its almost over… ha ha. Actually my favorite thing was a whole day of family time at my parents on Monday.
Places I’m going…
Too many places. Art class three days this week (2 hours each day), the car needed to go to the shop for fixin’, bible study, another meeting @ church, two back-to-back birthday parties for the kiddos and our end of year camp-out with our homeschool group…. And a 1.75 mile walk with a friend squeezed in, which was a sanity saver… really. We did almost 2 miles in 30 minutes.
Things I’m working on…
I’m finishing up this year’s record keeping—updating grades, transcripts and end of year write ups. Making the certificates for our homeschool group’s young author awards, answering way to many emails about stuff I have somehow ended up in charge of…
I also started working on my file folder system [I got the idea from here years ago] and I won’t get it finished until next week, which is a week later than I like but life is crazy and something's gotta give before this mommy melts down..............
Books I’m reading…
Made to Crave by Lisa Terkeurst, Steady Days by Jamie C Martin and  The Cheapskate Next Door by Jeff Yeager… When I get a minute or two I pick up whichever book interests me and read a bit…

A quote, a video, a link or pic to share…
Chewing on this… reminders of my mission of motherhood and homeschooling:
When you discover your mission,
You will feel its demand.
It will fill you with enthusiasm
and a burning desire
to get to work on it.
- W Clement Stone


2 comments:

  1. They grow up so quickly, huh? I'm still wrapping my mind around completing Year 7! I now have a 7th grader, 4th graders and 1st grader! When we started homeschooling, my 1st grader wasn't born!

    Stopping by from THMJ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so coo! i was home-schooled off and on so this is bringing back some good times:)

    YOURS, MINE AND OURS

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover