Friday, June 10, 2011

Homeschool Mother's Journal- Summer #2


June 10th
In my life this week….
Hotness. This week started out hot and got hotter. We visited Mr. Steady’s brother’s pool twice. Dragged out the polly pool, filled up squirt guns and manned the hose. The kids each slept with an ice pack one night…
We all tried not to “do” much on those days… lots of reading and listening to Adventures in Odyssey and watching a DVD every day to pass the time.
Thankfully the rains came and it is much cooler... as in 20 degrees cooler.
My favorite thing this week was…
I declared Monday to be “Do Nothing You Don’t Want To Do” Day… All 3 kiddos were officially done with school (finally) and I had just come off of a majorly crammedtotherooftops couldyoupossiblyfitonemorethingonthe schedule week. We all needed a break. We did a lot of reading, went swimming and had my very favoritest pancakes for supper.
Places I’m going…
We went swimming. We biked to the library (when it wasn’t fryanegg hot out) and Mr. Conductor signed up for his very own library account (very big deal in this house!). Mr. Steady and I had a Sunday School Board meeting and he had a church softball game inthehotheat. Bible study on Wednesday nite (which I was happy to go to because the church is air conditioned), a short grocery shopping trip.
Things I’m working on…
Unfortunately for me, I am still finishing up this year’s record keeping— I admit to being a super overthetop writeeveryblessedthingdown end-of-year summary writer. I realize I make a lot of work for myself.
It ends up that I don’t like the worksheets I was using to create a highschool transcript so I bit the bullet and purchased Transcript Pro. We'll see how this all goes...
AND I finished THIS which I am gosh-darn proud of!
Books I’m reading…
Continuing to pick up Made to Crave by Lisa Terkeurst and Steady Days by Jamie C Martin (this one feels meant for a younger mom…) started and finished: The Traveler's Gift: Seven Decisions that Determine Personal Success
... good stuff in that book-- still pondering


I’m praying for…
This just has to unspoken for right now... big and heavy on my heart but I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that my God hears and knows...

A quote, a video, a link or pic to share…
We wanted to show Mr. Steady just how much we appreciate that he gets up way early each and every week day and goes to work to earn the money for this family... this week has been especially grueling due to the heat... So we made this for him and stuck it on the front door: 

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya about the heat-it's been scorching here in Tx. we have been at the pool nearly everyday. We have also been spending time at the library which is a huge love of ours. We are so blessed to have a fabulous library. I love to hear some updates from you on Transcript Pro. I will be praying for God's peace and comfort for your heart. LOVE the sign you made for Mr.Steady! What Dad would adore that?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover