Friday, May 13, 2011

My Homeschool Mother's Journal #3

Homeschool Mother’s Journal
Week of May 9-13
 The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week…
School, a board meeting, school, small group study, to the library… twice. More School. Back and forth to my parents to check on my mama who had knee surgery. My once-every-three-weeks-or-at-least-that’s-what-we-aim-for trip to Aldi. I also got in a 30 minute power walk with a wonderful friend... (that felt real good!) Working on putting together individual schedules for our poetry and character studies… got one done all nice and neat!

In our homeschool this week…
Ms. Books took her school with her to her Nana’s… she stayed over to take care of my mama after her surgery… so very glad homeschool is portable and that Ms. Books is an independent learner. [I missed her a LOT.] Sassafras took off without older sis here- finishing her school lickity-split and then taking time to help this mama with Mr. Conductor’s school by reading his read-aloud to him daily.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Library- oh how I love that place! And our librarians are so extra helpful!  Over to the church 2 nites this week for meetings- kids played there with friends. Hanging out with friends, grocery shopping, Ms. Books babysitting, dinner with friends tonight (just us adults). A power walk for mama and a hike for Daddy and 2 kiddos. Ms. Books spending the week at Nana’s… me running back and forth to Nana’s to check on everyone and kiss and hug my girl and make sure she was getting her school done…

My favorite thing this week was…
Getting our school done right away in the morning so that we could enjoy the warmer weather. Picking lilacs every day and filling all the vases in the house!

What’s working/not working for us…
Working- Ms. Books taking her school with her to Nana’s and taking care of Nan. Sass and Mr. C working together to get their schoolwork done in a timely manner. Family time spent OUTside…
Not Working- Ms. Books took the read-aloud with her to Nana and PawPaw’s and the library didn’t have one that we could check out. We are all very much into The Bronze Bow and the 2 left behind plus this Mama missed it….

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have…
Thinking and pondering and thinking up some ideas for what kind of class I want to teach in our homeschool co-op this year… Pirates, Civil War, Journal Writing and a couple of others… subjects I myself love and about which I have shelves full of books…

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…


Ms. Books super awesome science experiment [Apologia's General Science]... Included boiling purple cabbage to get purple water then adding toilet bowl cleaner to change the color and then tossing in a few crushed up Tums to see what happens next.... This experiment is suppose to be an example of how your digestive juices work. We all thought it was super cool.
Footnote: Ms. Books had mislaid her science goggles and was using blue swim goggles which greatly affected  her view of the experiment... which is why they are on top of her head and not over her eyes towards the end of the experiment... and  the other 2 and I were completely hovering right over the thing without protective gear... I've now got it on my list to get us all safety glasses....

3 comments:

  1. What a cool experiment! Awesome!

    I love our library too but I feel like, as my daughter gets older, the reading choices are so risky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be lost without our library!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool Experiment
    www.estop4.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover