Tuesday, May 17, 2011

DaySpring Review: As for me and my house... Putting Scripture in your Home


I have been a fan of  (in)courage since it began... having found it through Ann Voscamp's lovely blog...

I cannot tell you how beyond thrilled I am today to post a review for DaySpring...
Check out these deals for May... I absolutely love the wall art.
Can you even begin to imagine my delight when I received my item to review for Dayspring and it was this....

Oh, how I love it when God sends me smiles... This just so happens to be my LIFE VERSE-- Philippians 4:13. What an incredibly lovely, straight-to-my-heart reminder from God. So of course this wonderful piece of wall art will need to go in a special spot.... which I have not quite narrowed it down to.... I keep moving it around... and maybe that's just the reminder I need right now.

"But as for me and my household, 
we will serve the Lord."
~ Joshua 24:15

I don't know about you but I love reminders of God's presence and watch care all over my home. I have been known to put up key, speaktomyheart scripture all over my home and this wall art is a truly wonderful addition. I need these tangible reminders that I am living a life for an audience of ONE and all that I do, infinitesimal or gi-normous, whole or half-heartedly, joyfully or begrudgingly.... it all matters to Him... and He wants me to choose the Joy and the Whole heart in each and every speck of my everyday, walking around, ordinary life. There is nothing too small, too meaningless that it cannot be offered up as act of worship.
As for me and my house... I want my home to make a statement that this is a place where God lives. When people enter my home I want them to know God is here... I want them to feel that.... I want to feel that. I want my children and dear Mr. Steady to know and feel that in this place. There is incredible and amazing comfort to be found in dwelling with the Lord, as well as a responsibility... We will SERVE the Lord. My home is more than the scriptures posted here and there and even my lovely new piece of wall art is meaningless unless it is lived out... unless it is a living, breathing commitment in my home.
SERVE
Memorizing scripture is meaningless if it just sits in your head and doesn't live in your heart and be lived out in your days. For this home to be truly marked for God, we must SERVE him in this home and outside of it. Our neighborhood must be touched by our presence... shouldn't those who live in homes beside and near me know that this house serves the Lord without ever having stepped inside it? They need to know without ever being inside...
I CAN do ALL things through HIM who gives me strength....
And that includes taking the risks and opportunities to shine for him in the midst of my community, in my home and outside it...
I don't need to worry, I just need to do it! After all... He is my strength!

*** Update: Check out the GIVEAWAY that goes along with this!!!***

Full Disclosure: DaySpring gave me my new lovely Wall Art for free to review for their store and all the opinions stated in this post and on this blog are completely my own.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover