Monday, April 18, 2011

So Close, So Present, So Real... So Thankful

Multitude Monday at Ann’s today….
Sharing our Endless Gratitude…. And this is mine….

676-700
Lord Thank You for these gifts….
Sunday morning service... it took my breath away-- God so close, so present, so real
A wonderful surprise-- a little red pitcher from a friend
who thought of me on her vacation... oh, how very special that makes me feel
Sharing our love of creation science with friends
and watching God turn our discussions into fodder for Sunday School Lessons... God's awesome that way.
Letting go of trying to set someone else free... realizing they gotta wanna
Allowing myself time to be quietly angry and quietly sad
Returning to reality and laughing lots and lots and lots and loudly... when its that good from after that bad it's gotta be loud laughin'.... just sayin'
The knowledge that this is good stuff we're living right here... thanks for the moments and heart-in-my-eyes viewpoint to see glimpses of it
Laughing and singing slightly off key and overthetop melodramatic with a dear friend right in the church sanctuary
Watching my oldest roll her eyes and smile big at our singing antics... me and my adorable, wonderful pastor's wife (yes, she sang with me and it was crazy fun)
Thanks for the crazy fun... I need to add more of that to my day
Dying to self.... daily.... moment by moment
The crazy pull I continue to have to youth ministry... use me Lord
Saints actively dying, preparing and loving their families and giving glory to God right up to that last life breath
Neighbors and opportunities
Watching my oldest make right choices in the midst of uncertain circumstances
Those difficult life altering circumstances that I have faced in this life when I could have stepped either way and I heard You call and stepped closer to You
And for the times I didn't step closer but felt so pulled and compelled that I ran pell mell back to You and You welcomed me with arms wide open.... words can't quite grasp how incredibly inconceivably amazing that really truly is
Dimples
That incredible to the bone tired feeling you get from a day of hard labor completely well spent... there is great satisfaction in that feeling of immensely  weary accomplishment.
Waking up to sunshine on your face
Double Daffodils
God is the God of 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 334th chances... Amen

3 comments:

  1. I saw your link on Ann Voskamp's website. I enjoyed reading your list. I am really enjoying finding all my gifts:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to the last one, and I'm so grateful! :)

    I have some free Easter / "He Is Risen" blog buttons if you would like one to display on your blog! They are on my blog and free to anyone who would like one. :-)

    Celebrating His resurrection,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover