Friday, April 15, 2011

Love from the Center of Who You Are

We are going through a wonderful devotional right now for Lent with specific pieces for the whole family. The kids and I have decided to read our daily scripture portions from the Message version so as to get a new, fresh take on some scriptures we're pretty familiar with...

This week's theme for Sassafras and Mr. Conductor is Peace. Their verses for Wednesday came from Romans chapter 12.... verses 14-21 but we backtracked to include 10-21.
Read with me:

Love from the center of who you are; don't fake it. Run for dear life from evil; hold on for dear life to good. Be good friends who love deeply; practice playing second fiddle.

Don't burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame. Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant. Don't quit in hard times; pray all the harder. Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality.

That is good stuff! Its been sticking with me for the past two days... love from the center of who you are.... don't fake it... be good friends who love deeply....
Oh, how that speaks to me...
Don't burn out! Keep yourself fueled & on fire!
Be cheerfully expectant!!
Oooh, I want that! I don't want to wallow in the current trial I'm sitting in... I want to be cheerfully expectant for that moment when this trial is over! Oh Yay! I want to be preparing for the rain while I'm praying for it!
And speaking of praying...
Don't quit in hard times--- pray all the harder!
Amen! You are preaching straight to my heart! Greater hardships call for greater prayer. 
I'm sifting these verses through my heart and praying and pondering... 
These verses and my own studies this week reaffirm to me that if I am going to live my life sold-out to the One who Made me then I cannot do it quietly.
I need to live LOUD.
Loving from the center of who I am doesn't sound like being quiet to me... because I am not a quiet person. Same goes with being cheerfully expectant-- when I'm cheerfully, I'm boisterous and bubbly... and kinda loud.
Don't quit in hard times.... I'm gonna dig in deeper, pray harder and maybe louder... giving myself over to him over and over again... refueling, working to keep my light lit...
Not gonna fake it-- I'm living LOUD.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover