Friday, April 22, 2011

Five weeks of groceries under $350

We're close to the end of my six week project- sharing my grocery bill totals. Week Five this week and we continue to be under budget. Mr. Steady is impressed. I'm pretty thrilled too.

Grocery Bills Week 5…
April 17-23

Meijer
Easter Egg dye $1.58
Rotisserie Chicken $6.35
Easter Candy $10.00
4 ½ lbs. Red & Green Grapes $8.41
1 lb. Strawberries $2.00
Total Spent: $28.34

Aldi
1 jar Mushroom Spaghetti Sauce $1.19
3 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese $2.99
Canned Diced Tomatoes 4 @$.49 each
Chocolate Sandwich Crème Cookies 2 pkgs @ $1.49 each
Fiesta Blend frozen fruit 2 @$3.49 each
1 gallon Milk 2 @$2.39 each
Total Spent: $20.88

Grand Total spent on groceries
for the week: $49.22

Note: Went to Aldi again because it was convenient- - took my mama out for her birthday and she said we should stop and pick up some milk as it was on the way and we both needed some. This worked for me because I had a list to take to Meijer… I was able to pick up a few things I was going to pick up at Meijer for less money. The frozen fruit is for a special Easter Brunch at church- yummy good stuff too.
I was able to keep this week’s groceries down so low because we had a lot of leftovers to use up. 
In five weeks, we’ve spent $338.74 on groceries. Averaged out this comes to $67.75 per week, which is pretty close to our budget of $75.00/week. So I consider myself to be just about spot on. We used the $10 overage last week to purchase snacks for our Sunday night children’s program at church—something we were very thrilled to be able to do. This week’s savings of $25.78 stays in the grocery budget for now.

Check out the other 4 weeks:

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do it,but I admire your courage. I spend 100.00 just walking into a store,am trying to stay away from shopping if at all possible. Blessings jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an inspiration to me. I need to take on this grocery challenge; right now my grocery bill blows our budget.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover