Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Quick and Easy Recipe- you just might have all the ingredients on hand

This is one of Ms. Book’s absolute favorites… we tend to tweak it every time we make though… Here’s the basic recipe….

Corn Chowder
1 Can cream of potato soup
1 Can cream of chicken soup
1 Can creamed corn
3 soup cans milk *
¼ cup sour cream
2 tbsp Butter
chives to taste
Optional: add a meat (chicken, ham, crab, turkey)
Mix altogether—heat and serve. I like to simmer it for a few minutes while the biscuits are baking.
 * could substitute 1 soup can of chicken broth for 1 can of milk.
I have a “from scratch” recipe for corn chowder but to be totally honest, I think I’ve only made it once. Not only is it easy to make but it’s even easier to keep all the ingredients on hand for it! A great pantry recipe!
I serve it with biscuits or warm homemade bread. Scrumptious.

This recipe is easy to double too.... and you can put it all in the crockpot for 3 hours on low.

Yesterday we added 1/2 cup bacon plus I had a small amount of ranch dressing left in a bottle so I poured one of the soup cans of milk into it, shook it all up and added it to the soup. I diced 1/2 a portabella mushroom I found in the fridge and added it to the soup. 
Upon serving we topped each portion with a few sprinkles of shredded mozzarella cheese

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious Amy! My daughter and I are the only ones who eat corn and soup (hubby hates corn, son hates soup) - but I'm going to make this for she & I, and freeze the leftovers for a lunch in a another week.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover