Friday, March 25, 2011

Loving it- This week's grocery bills

Loving the frugal life….
I like a good challenge and I choose to see living frugally as such.
Especially when it comes to grocery shopping.
This week we have spent $43.98 on groceries.
Here’s what we purchased:


From Aldi’s
Fit n Active Red Berry Cereal $2.29 (a splurge for me! Comparable to Special K with Red Berries)
1 Dozen frozen beef patties $5.99
Onion soup mix $.69
4 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup @ $.49 each
Multigrain Crisps $1.99 (taste like sun chips- love them)
4 cans French cut green beans @ $.49 each
2 Fit n Active Neufchatel cream cheese @ $1.29 each (price jump!)
2 cans Tomato Paste @ $.39 each
3 cans Italian Wedding Style Soup @ $1.19 each (another family splurge- great to have on hand for those rushed nights)
24 oz. Honey $4.49
1 lb salted butter $2.29
Chocolate Syrup $1.15
Chocolate sandwich cookies $1.49 (Aldi's knock-off of Oreos)
Protein Bars $4.49 (splurge- Ms. Books snacks for quiz day)
12 oz. Fruit Jam $1.99 (splurge- bought specifically for homemade yogurt)
Total spent: $37.52

From Pay-n-Pakit
Hot dog buns $.89
1 gallon Vitamin D Milk $2.99 (for yogurt making)
1 can mushrooms $.59
Salt and Vinegar Chips $1.99 (splurge from Mr. Steady for him and kiddos)
Total spent: $6.46


This is all we needed for this week's menu plan plus a bit of stocking up (cream cheese, soups, canned beans, butter). This also includes some ingredients for our first try at making homemade yogurt in the crockpot.


Edited to Add: I would not normally go to Aldi's with such a short list. I usually keep my Aldi's  trips to once every three weeks, four if I can really stretch it. However, I was out and about with my momma and she planned a stop at Aldi's so I picked up the few things that were on my Aldi's list (my last trip to Aldi's was 2 weeks ago). Pay-n-Pakit is a little discount grocery store just down the road from where Mr. Steady works- so it is super convenient for those "Oops I forgot to pick up" items. We don't buy much from there but I have a small list in my price book of the good deals he can get there. For example- Just last week eggs were 99 cents a dozen there. He bought three.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! It is getting so hard to buy groceries cheaply,I am still trying to put back,but things are costing so much. Good for you though.Blessings jane

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover