Thursday, March 24, 2011

Another Crockpot recipe: Easy Beef Stroganoff

This is a recipe from my childhood adapted to the slow cooker method.... My mama didn't make this often but when she did it was one of my favorites.

Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
1 1/4 pounds beef stew meat
1 (12 oz) container sour cream
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 pkg dry onion soup mix (or 2 tbsp. if you buy in bulk)
1 pkg. wide egg noodles 


Place beef in crockpot. Mix together remaining ingredients (except for noodles) and pour over beef. Cook on low for 4 hours. Cook noodles, drain and pour into stroganoff. Serves 6.
Side note: This can be served over rice or mashed potatoes instead of noodles.... I grew up with it on noodles and that's how I like it! I have also put my beef in frozen and cooked it on high for 3-4 hours.
You can also make it chicken stroganoff by substituting 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts for the beef.
Money Saver: I've purchased steaks  that were quick sales and cut them into chunks for this recipe and it turned out great. OR you can sub in browned hamburger.

We like to serve this up with any of the following:
a tossed greens salad
steamed  green beans
homemade  bread
thickly sliced homegrown tomatoes


Edited to add: I'm so excited! This recipe has been accepted by Gooseberry Patch and will be printed in their upcoming cookbook: Slow Cooking All Year 'Round.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,
    Your Stroganoff looks so delicious. It looks very comforting and a dish that my family would love. Great recipe! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and please come back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I'm definitely going to pin it to my Recipe File Box.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover