Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Day behind but ever so thankful

Every Monday I join the Gratitude Community at Ann's..... but today I am a day late.
I'm okay with that- thankfulness is every day.
Sharing our Endless Gratitude…. And this is mine….
476-510
Lord Thank You for these gifts….
Blizzard that aren’t really
Snow days becoming Baking Days
A brisk hike in the deep snowy woods with friends
Followed by an impromptu dinner together
Thick wool socks
Trees with perfectly spaced limbs for climbing
That there is always room for one more at the table
Finding $5 in an old coat
God’s provision
Homemade cheeseburgers with the works and fries
A wonderful phone call from my sister
Mr. C’s boxes upon boxes of possibles
Continuing to learn Colossians
Sink strainers
Doodling
The birthday apron my sister made me
Stacks of books
Not being perfect
Listening to my son tell stories
Knowing that I’m in the midst of the good stuff of life
Using my great gram’s silver flatware for the ordinary everydayness days…. Just because
Having friends and family over for supper
Dishing out food from beautiful one-of-a-kind handmade pottery bowls I purchased from local art students
Sketch books
Love notes
Acceptance
Sunday Dinner
Singing in the grocery store just because I can
Homeschooling- the flexibility it gives me
Opportunities to be helpful to my parents
Resting my forehead against his when I just come undone
Getting the reminder myself when I share with another that she is never alone
Watching my children make snow families
The tracks he leaves in the white, white snow…. Around every bush and tree in the yard- just because he can and he knows I’ll notice
Heartaches that don’t last forever and even the ones that do….

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover