Wednesday, January 19, 2011

To Truly Understand....

In the same way, the gospel is bearing fruit
and growing throughout the whole world—
just as it has been doing among you since
the day you heard it and
truly understood God’s grace.
Colossians 1:6

Words speak to me.
THESE words speak to me….
Since the day you heard it and truly understood God’s grace….
Since
You heard
And truly understood
God’s grace.
I’ve heard and understood-- but truly?
How does one ever fully understand God’s grace? In my imperfectness and conditional living I cannot fully grasp the meaning, the depth of this grace…. This truly Amazing grace.
And yet, even though I don’t full understand it--- I full accept it.
I’ve grabbed it and with a firm hold, I clutch it- God’s Great Grace.
May I never wander far from it, always be drawn near to it.
May it always speak to my heart and whisper His peace and mercy straight to my core.
His grace has saved me and set me free.
And that- bottom line- I truly understand.


Encouraging you to jump on board- join me as I endeavor to learn the entire Book of Colossians in One Year…. Already my heart thrums with the difference it is making in me…. Learning and writing His Words on my heart….

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover