Monday, January 31, 2011

Hankies, prayer rocks and being sick

Multitude Monday at Ann’s today….
Sharing our Endless Gratitude…. And this is mine….
453-475
Lord Thank You for these gifts….
Little boys learning to read
Neighbors sharing their abundance—a pot of soup
The soup was delivered when we were under the weather
Warm soup & warm bread in our bellies
Vicks Vapor Rub
A stack of washed hankies ready for sore noses
Two of my grandfathers big hankies in that stack- the kids favorites because they are softest from their many years of washings
Having family “heirlooms” like Big Grampa’s hankies that are not only memories but very very useful
The pin my mother picked out for me from my Grandmother’s jewelry
And wearing it to church on Sunday…. Another useful heirloom
Gram’s recipe box for Ms. Books
Children working together to get their schoolwork done when Mama was under the weather
Someone reading aloud to you
Art class and how uncomfortable it makes me
Colorful seed catalogs…. Kiddos and mama circling their favorites with colored markers
A balanced checkbook…. In the black a bit
My boy with his first wallet, watching him calculate with his sister how to get the most bang for his buck and his pride in making a purchase, a real purchase for himself with money he earned
Finding a piece of paper on my desk…. Ms. Books is planning a meal- just because she wants to
Pretty things and bible verses at my desk
A jar and a bowl and our prayer rocks

 

2 comments:

  1. I perked up when I saw your blog...I'm using exactly the same template. And you're raising boys? Me, too! Blessings galore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quotes at the top of your page. Such good stuff. Found my way here via Ann V.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover