Monday, December 20, 2010

Advent- Week Four: The Week of Welcome

This is the week of Welcome.



I tell you the truth, anyone who welcomes my messenger is welcoming me, and anyone who welcomes me is welcoming the Father who sent me.
~ John 13:20
Here we are in our final week of Advent preparations.
I have enjoyed the quieter pace we set this year. I am glad we, as a family, have been able to get a glimpse of the idea that Christmas can come without ribbons and candy, packages and gifts, trees and do-dads and whatsits…. But it can’t come without Christ.
To celebrate this week, we will:
Spend time talking together as a family about how we prepare ourselves for big events and how we should also, every day, be preparing ourselves for Christ’s coming.
Discuss as a family how we welcome Jesus into our lives daily and how we should be a reflection of welcome to others.
Deliver Christmas goodies to our friends.
Spend time with extended family.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover