Monday, November 29, 2010

The Week of Waiting


Wait for the LORD,
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD.
Psalm 27:14

For the next few weeks I’ll be sharing a bit of what we are doing for our Season of Christmas here in our yellow farmhouse. How we are working to make things quieter and reflective for the Advent weeks leading up to Christmas and then how we’ll celebrate the 12 Days of Christmas and our plans to wrap it all up with a special conclusion on Epiphany.
Let us start with week one.
Advent
This is the week of Waiting.

Be patient . . . .
until the coming of the Lord.
James 5:7

To celebrate this week we will:
List things it is hard to wait for
Write a poem, story or draw a picture about how it feels to wait
Write out one of the above verses and memorize it
Pray for others who have to wait for things they need
Donate outgrown and gently-used holiday clothes to the local free store

....... Waiting is equal parts frustration and excitement… to be so excited about the coming events and yet frustrated that time seems to crawl as you anticipate the fun and merriment… as you think on and day dream about it….
When I think of waiting and Christmas…. I tend to think of Mary and how the waiting might have been like for her…. You see my girl, Ms. Books was born two weeks before Christmas and so ever since- Christmas has been a bit different for me…. She was two weeks late and I remember rubbing my tummy and begging her to come out! I was done with the waiting…. I wanted to meet her, touch her, speak to her and love her in person…. I think Mary thought all that and more….
Waiting…. Anticipating….

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover