Monday, November 8, 2010

To be grateful for....

Multitude Monday at Ann’s today….
Sharing our Endless Gratitude…. And this is mine….

#201-236
Someone left a trick-or-treat chocolate on my pillow
Having and holding
Mr. Steady reading aloud from the Bible
Oreos and a glass of milk.
The sound of my children breathing while they sleep
Thick woolen socks
Dried cherries in my oatmeal
For the gift of a sewing machine for Ms. Books…. All because we asked
Tears shared with a friend
Porch lights
The sound of the water lapping at the shore
Finding a Petoskey stone
Picking Sea glass
Filling a glass jar with sea glass to remember a vacation
Denim patches for blue jeans
When my hubby grabs me and dips me low for a kiss- right in front of the kids so they can all laugh and giggle
Little ones squeezing in when Mama and Daddy are hugging
Laps- especially those of grandparents
Homeschool field trips
Dated cornerstonesThe crunch of the frosty grass under my feet

Stained glass windows
Taking walks with my husband- holding hands
Having just a little talk with Jesus to make it right
Good ol’ Southern Gospel
Pippies in my daughters’ hair (our term for braids)
God leading me to just the right verse for the situation I am in.
That moment when I realized I was in love with Mr. Steady
Riding on the merry-go-round
Pink shoes
smooth wooden bowls
Birch trees
The smell of cedar
Pinky swears
Wearing my great grandmother’s aprons while cooking from one of her recipes




3 comments:

  1. ahhh, the apron! we need that to make a comeback, eh? my 7 year old blushes any time we kiss in front of him and says "blech!!" i hope he feels that way about kissing for a REALLY long time :)

    wonderful list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures- took them myself- the stained glass is one of the windows at my church.
    @ Ginny- I agree that all children should thinking kissing is gross for about 20 to 30 years! lol!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover