Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Is Your God Big Enough?

Let me share a story with you….
One day on the way home from church a little girl turned to her mother and said, "Mommy, the preacher's sermon this morning confused me."
The mother said, "Oh! Why is that?
The girl replied, "Well, he said that God is bigger than we are. Is that true?"
"Yes, that's true," the mother replied.
"He also said that God lives within us. Is that true too?"
Again the mother replied, "Yes."
"Well," said the girl. "If God is bigger than us and he lives in us, wouldn't He show through?"

Hmmm. The next thought has to be: Is God showing through me?
and this question:
What kind of God do others see when they look at me and my life?
It is my deep desire that people will see me, get to know me and say to themselves, “Oh, I want what she’s got!”
I want others to see Jesus in me in a real, tangible way—in a way that says, “What she has is spectacularly special and I want some of that. I want that joy and affirmation. I want to know that all consuming love and acceptance.”
Sometimes I forget that I am set apart and should act it.
Some days I doubt I look much different.
There are some days when the look on my face says, “stand back 10 paces and do not even attempt to speak to me. You have been warned.”
I believe every day needs to start with an attitude check.
I believe I need an attitude check more than once a day.
A LOT more than once a day.
I start my day with the best of intentions and then I get up . . . .
My mom had a saying, “Some days it takes all you can do just to keep up with the turkeys.”
As a child, I found that statement odd.
Now as an adult I understand it. She would often say this too: “Don’t let the turkeys get you down.”
I use to think she had some type of fixation on turkeys… then…. A few weeks ago, the children and I watched some turkeys in a small enclosure across from a bakery we like to visit…. The turkeys were picking on, squawking at and generally mistreating each other…..
Now I get my mother’s word picture.
I don’t want to be a turkey.
I want God to be so big in my life that He shines thru…..


Shine like stars in the universe
as you hold out the Word of life.
Philippians 2:15-16

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover