Wednesday, November 3, 2010

37 Today

Today I am 37.
Neither young nor old.
Neither fit nor flabby.
Neither skinny nor fat.
I could go on…. But I won’t…. as I’m feeling that could take a depressing turn.
And I am feeling anything but depressed.
I love my birthday.
I revel in it.
I celebrate it to the fullest extent possible.
Mr. Steady likes to say that I “milk it for all it’s worth.”
And why shouldn’t I? Birthdays are meant to be celebrated….
To the fullest extent possible.
Today Mr. Steady has taken the day off.
And we’re not doing school, regular school, that is…. On my Birthday.
Mr. Steady and Ms. Books are cooking me breakfast…. Made to order, I must add.
Cranberry pumpkin waffles, sausage patties, mixed fruit and an egg, over easy.
A day of family fun….
Lake Michigan
Rock picking
Bookstores…. Used and new
A stop at a fabric store
Maybe picking up a couple pretty skeins of yarn
Out to lunch as a family
Supper provided by a dear friend
Homemade Birthday Cards (the best kind)
Kiddos off to their church activities….. While Mr. Steady and I sneak away….
Out to a snazzy restaurant….
To eat dessert
Just the two of us.
I will celebrate this movement into another year of existence with flare and fun
Laughter and chaos
And it’s gonna be good.
Real good.
Happy Birthday to Me!

Here I include my memory verse for this week:
Let the words of my mouth
And the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in your sight,
O, Lord.
My strength and my redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

1 comment:

  1. Amy, Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoyed your special day, or week!
    I just read your entry about richer and poorer. I am in a wonderful study of Revelations at my church. What you wrote ties in to what we are talking about in our group. A couple of years ago, I saw an interview on TV with Bill Gates and Warren Buffet, probably the 2 "richest" (in $$$) in the world.
    What I found shocking is that they both say they are too intelligent to believe in God. They think everything can be explained by math and the laws of nature. Isn't that striking that the 2 people who everyone thinks have the most actually have nothing?
    You have so much more than they do, and they don't even get it.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover