Monday, October 25, 2010

It was quiet here but not at home last week....

Last week…. absent from posting….

I figured one cannot write under the heading of a contented common life if one is feeling anything but contented.
Last week was eventful
And extremely stressful.
I didn’t exactly handle myself well in all circumstances.
In fact, I let my circumstances dictate my attitude and determine my joy….
Betcha can’t guess how that went….
Ah, not well.
Which is another major understatement.
If one was to be graded on how they were doing living the life they lead…. I would have received a tidy row of “F”s last week.
I didn’t have a handle on anything….
My week was packed too full of schooling, appointments, obligations…. That I barely had a moment to stop and catch my breath…. The stress of a full schedule quickly oozed into all other areas…. The schedule was, for the most part, out of my control and what was in my control I couldn’t deal with….
And then a piece of the financial mess from our distant past of poor stewardship reared its ugly head and I lost mine- my head that is…. Have you ever been so overwhelmed you just wanted to crawl into bed, pull the covers up and let the chaos take over everywhere?
Yes, I most definitely wanted to hide out.

When life is heavy and hard to take, go off by yourself.
Enter the silence. Bow in prayer.
Don’t ask questions: Wait for hope to appear.
Don’t run from trouble. Take it full face.
The “worst” is never the worst.
                                                                ~ Lamentations 3:28

Sometimes there is nothing you can do but exactly that…. Nothing. Feel like crawling back in bed? I say- Do it! But don’t lay there wallowing in despair. As I lay on my bed last Thursday afternoon, completely overwhelmed, heart and head hurting…. I just lay there listening to the silence. All I could think to say was….
Oh, Lord. Lord. Lord. Help.
Whispered into the quiet room…. And I thought how the Lord knows exactly what the words encompassed.
I’d like to say that after that quiet time, my week did a complete turn around but it didn’t….
However, my perspective did….
And I was able to not only cope but grab back my joy….
The worst is never the worst.
God is with me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover