Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Shedding my weariness & burdens like leaves....

After all, it’s Fall….

The beginning of a slower time of year….
Oh, how I love Autumn.
I want to squeeze the bliss from each crisp day….
Embrace the slower pace….

Jesus said......
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened,
and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,
for I am gentle and humble in heart,
and you will find rest for your souls."
Matthew 11:28-19

I’d like to curl up and live within those verses. I feel a need to rest up…. the hurried pace I’ve set for myself and been running these past eight weeks has made me weary to wearier and the burdens I’ve so thoughtlessly tried to manage on my own have just about broken me with their weight….
No longer.
Fall is here…. The trees are shedding their leaves and so am I….
I’m laying it all down and handing it over…. The fretting…. The worry and anxiety that has whispered to me and intensified my hurt….
It’s like raking up a big pile of fallen leaves, jumping in it- laughing, cackling, yelling whoops of joyfulness ‘til the pile is mashed flat…. Then burning it ‘til nothing is left but ash….
That is what I’m doing…. Shedding my leaves of weary worry and burden, jumping all over them and whooping with joy then burning them up ‘til there is nothing left….
He says He makes beauty from ashes….
Come Lord Jesus- make beauty from my mess….
And grant me rest in you….

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover