Thursday, August 12, 2010

Respectable Laziness

Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.
-Sam Keen

We are definitely being lazy.
The kitchen floor is sticky…. I’ve swept it and Ms. Books has washed it but it is still sticky.
Too humid….
Too hot….
We’re keeping up with the green beans but the weeds are overtaking portions of my herb garden. It’s too hot and humid to weed, really.
Morning menu plans have been cereal, cereal and more cereal…. Because it’s hot and sticky and the kitchen is not air-conditioned. After 3 days last week of cereal and 3 days this week, the children asked if I would please make something else for them as they were tired of cereal. This made me realize that I do indeed spoil my kiddos with a multitude of breakfast choices and that limiting them to cold cereal once a week has paid off for them and for my pocketbook.
So I made cranberry-orange muffins for breakfast this morning….
And stayed out of the kitchen while they were baking.
It’s VBS week here and I am being completely spoiled by the fact that some of our wonderful church family are feeding all VBS workers and their families dinner each and every nite. So I am not cooking…..
At all.
Lunch has been a smorgasbord of this and that created from whatever is in the fridge. We’ve been eating a lot of salad. Some days it’s too hot for me to think on such things. I am hoping next week will be better.
I’ve got oodles of lesson plans to finalize and the schoolroom to whip into ship-shape condition and stuff to print out for school and a school organizer to finish creating for myself and a couple of presents to make and a new baby niece to visit again real soon….

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover