Monday, June 14, 2010

Whelmed

The sheer beauty of such a day…
It’s just pleasant enough that we do not need to be running the air-conditioning…
Instead a couple of window fans are bringing in the summer-scented air and the house is comfortable.
However, laundry isn’t drying on the line due to the humidity… but it looks pretty flapping out there.
Last week was busy but not terribly hectic… I was able to plan my days in such a way as to get done what needed to get done without overwhelming myself, and in turn, my family.
This was good.
Major strides made by me, The Momma who often gets more overwhelmed than underwhelmed.
A friend remarked recently, “Overwhelmed/Underwhelmed… why can’t we just be ‘whelmed’?”
Why indeed?
Ah, today… I am just whelmed.
And it is quite refreshing.
Like the cherry lemonade sitting beside me…
And the small stack of books next to my momma chair…
And the bowl of knitting nearby…
My to-do list for the day is current… supper will be simple, a creative mish-mash of leftovers.
The children have an activity tonight and then I believe… if the weather holds…
We will watch the stars.
I am whelmed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover