Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dinner Bupkiss

Working my way out of a meal planning rut... I had previously mapped out 6 weeks of plans... forgetting along the way that I should have been working on those next weeks...
Oh, how quickly "those next weeks" have become Next Week.
I turned the page in my menu planning folder and...
Gasp!
It was blank!
And I'm feeling frumpy-slumpish. Waiting for amazing summer menu plans to just pop into my head and jotted on my blank page... ah, nope. nada.
It's too warm... food sits heavy and no one is very hungry.
This is what we call sandwich weather...
Except that sandwiches every nite is not appealing.
Not in the slightest.
Salad greens are coming up in the garden so I want to incorporate them into our menus...
I'm not totally undone... I have the 4th of July weekend planned.
We'll have friends (5 kiddos) staying with us for the weekend plus a party for 40+ on Sunday. That all takes proper planning, especially the food.
And I'm no slouch at planning.
I've even got an itinerary. Oh, yes indeedy... I find it best to overplan...
Now, if I'd only continued with those menu plans...
Getting out last years summer menu plans for inspiration right now...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover