Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hot and Baking here

The heat that has rolled in has actually led to a blessing…

I dug out and dusted off a bread machine cookbook…
Why did I ever let this get to the bottom of my cookbook nook?
I have been trying to be more frugal and bake more…
But the thought of heating up the kitchen any more than the 90 degrees it was already registering…
Not inviting.
And so to the handy-dandy bread machine.
It has been limited these last few months to making only my very favoritest bread- Honey Oatmeal Bread, a bread-machine variation of my Grandfather’s tried and true recipe.
Tried and true but we need to do more…
And so it and I must both be bold and try new things.
I made hamburger and slider buns.
I made Double Chocolate Cranberry Bread.
I made potato bread
All successes.
On my list to make soon:
Cheddar-buttermilk bread
Breadsticks
Whole wheat and cheese pizza dough
The recipes are simple and the ingredient list is stuff I already have on hand…
In fact, I’ll share a few soon…

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover