Monday, May 3, 2010

Crescent Chicken Squares

This is one of my go-to, never-fail recipes as I usually have everything on hand for it…Crescent Chicken Squares

I like to make up the meat mixture earlier in the day and put it in the fridge until I’m ready to start supper. Also, if I have a dab or so of ranch dressing left in the bottle- I add the measured milk to that first, shake it up and pour it in the mix—adds just a little bit extra zip to it. This time, using what I have on hand, I'm adding a few crumbled pieces of bacon to the mix... chicken-bacon-ranch- Yum.


8- oz pkg cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp butter, softened
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
1 Tbsp chopped chives
3 to 4 Tbsp milk
salt and pepper to taste
2 tubes refrigerated crescent roll dough
1 Tbsp butter, melted
½ cup bread crumbs

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and softened butter (2 tbsp) until smooth. Add chicken, chives, milk, salt & pepper and mix well. Set aside.
Separate crescent rolls dough into 8 rectangles onto 2 cookie sheets (4 on each); firmly pressing perforations to make solid rectangle. Spoon chicken mixture onto the center of each rectangle. Pull 4 corners of dough to center of chicken mixture and twist- pinch edges to seal. [Note: you can also just pull 2 sides of the rectangle, overlapping slightly and press to seal.] Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.

1 comment:

  1. This is definitely one of my favorite go-to recipes! And the oregano tomatoes go so well with them. I like to add cheese to mine; sometimes some Romano, sometimes Asiago, or like last night, some mozzarella. YUM. And I think fresh ground pepper is way better than the regular black pepper.
    Hubby asked if I like this recipe so much because it's easy or just one of my favorites. I told him "Both!"

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover