Friday, April 16, 2010

Ties that Bind Sisters


I am an aunt.
When I married Mr. Steady I automatically became an aunt.
To 6 kiddos at that time.
Now I have 16 nieces and nephews from Mr. Steady’s side.
2 Nieces in-law (that call me “Aunt Amy”).
And 1 great-niece.
On my side- I am auntie to two sweet kiddos- my brother’s two children.
And an Auntie-to-be.
My Sister, my younger sister, is expecting a little girl in July.
I’ve been an aunt for 16 years.
And yet…
There is something completely different about it this time.
There is something different and extra-special about a sister having a baby.
A connection.
A bonding over babies…
My sister and I have always been close… and now…
Even closer as we together anticipate the arrival of her Baby Girl this summer.
What a blessing and deep, deep joy I am experiencing.
I even get to plan the baby shower with our Mamma…
Good Night Moon.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, Sissy--love you! And I am so thankful to have you as my sister. God knew what he was doing when he put us in the same family. :o)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover