Monday, March 1, 2010

My Favoritest Pancakes by far

I love pancakes- but am a horrible pancake-flipper. So Mr. Steady is the pancaker in this house. However- I do have an all-time favorite pancake recipe that I often request ... and per his request, I whip up the batter and he cooks the cakes!

Blueberry Sour Cream Pancakes


2 cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup sugar
4 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 eggs
1 ½ cups milk
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup butter (melted)
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. In another bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, sour cream and butter; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients until just blended. Fold in blueberries. Pour batter by ¼ cupfuls onto greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Makes approx. 20 pancakes.
Note: If using frozen blueberries- add them to batter in frozen state. Do not thaw.

Cost breakdown: 25 cents for flour, 5 cents for sugar, 22 cents for eggs, 10 cents for milk, 50 cents for sour cream, 35 cents for butter, guessing 30 cents for blueberries (from my freezer- handpicked last year).
Total cost: $1.77. That's less than $2 for 20 pancakes! Yippee!

These pancakes are some of the yummiest, most moist ones I’ve ever had. They are by far my ultimate favorite. I love to have Mr. Steady cook up a double batch--- we put about a dozen or so in the freezer- that way I can have them whenever I want!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover